Hey there! Are you ready to plan a magical trip to Glacier Bay National Park?! Explore the rugged coastline and massive glaciers of this gorgeous oceanic park! You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Glacier Bay is a place you will never forget — and likely somewhere you will talk about for years to come. The grand and majestic glaciers move with such force that the rocks and the trees bow down to their power. This phenomenal place will take your breath away!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Glacier Bay and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Glacier Bay National Park, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan.
- Lodging and camping are available within the park, as well as in the local town of Gustavus. Click here to learn more about your options.
- This park is difficult to get to — it can only be reached via boat or plane! Its remoteness is one of the best parts of visiting this park, but you’ll need to research the various ways to make it here.
- Glacier Bay is a wild and unforgiving landscape. Acquaint yourself with the proper protocol for dealing with bears, hypothermia, tides, moose, and poisonous plants before you go!
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Glacier Bay National Park.
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this exciting list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Glacier Bay National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash