Hey there! Are you ready to plan an unforgettable trip to Yellowstone National Park?!?! From the geysers, hot springs, and pools to the lakes, forests, and wildlife, you are sure to find something that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Yellowstone is a place where memories are made and talked about for years to come. As a child, I visited the park with my family — what I remember most from that trip was the smell of rotten eggs from the geysers! BUT I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE and couldn’t wait to go back. I know that you want the same for your vacation!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Yellowstone and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Yellowstone, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 12 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! Learn the ins and outs of the park as you plan with the exclusive information available in my 5 Steps to Planning the Perfect Yellowstone trip!
- With 5 entrances and over 140 miles of road, Yellowstone is a large and complex national park. For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- Most roads are closed during the winter and don’t reopen until mid – late May. Park amenities follow the same schedule, so check the official NPS website for information on seasonal opening and closing dates.
- Reserve a room at least one year in advance if you plan on staying in one of Yellowstone’s 9 lodges — they get snatched up fast! Otherwise, numerous options are available just outside of the park at each entrance.
- Even with 12 front-country campgrounds, competition for sites is fierce. Be sure to learn All About Camping in Yellowstone National Park if you plan on camping in the park.
WANT THE PERFECT TRIP TO YELLOWSTONE?
Check out my awesome YELLOWSTONE ITINERARY — you don’t want to go to the park without it!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this awesome list of 12 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Yellowstone National Park!