Hello there! Are you ready to plan an adventurous trip to Capitol Reef National Park?! Explore the fascinating geology and history of this rocky wonderland! You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Capitol Reef is a place you will never forget — and likely somewhere you will talk about for years to come. Towering red rocks, narrow canyons, and majestic arches of the Waterpocket Fold are yours to discover. This incredible place will leave you speechless!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Capitol Reef and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Capitol Reef National Park, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 12 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan.
- No lodging is available within Capitol Reef National Park, but camping is available. Read more about camping in the park here. The town of Torrey and several other small communities offer lodging options if you’d like to stay in a hotel.
- The Gifford House is the only place to get food in the park. Stop in for some delicious pie and cinnamon rolls!
- The desert is a harsh landscape and caution should be taken to avoid flash floods, heat stroke, and dehydration.
- You’ll find numerous hiking trails in this park, so don’t hike without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Capitol Reef National Park.
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this exciting list of 12 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Capitol Reef National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash