Hey there! Are you ready to plan an unforgettable trip to Arches National Park?!?! This park contains over 2,000 cataloged natural arches, making it the world’s largest collection!
Nothing can prepare you for the grandeur of the red rock arches you will find here. It is absolutely breathtaking!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Arches and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Arches, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- This area of Utah can get extremely hot in the summer, so plan accordingly. Be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen, and NEVER hike without water. Two areas of the park offer drinking water — the Visitor Center at the beginning of the road, and the Devils Garden Trailhead at the end of the road.
- Arches has no in-park lodges or dining. If you want to overnight in the park, check out my guide All About Camping in Arches National Park!
- The soil in Arches National Park is a biological crust that has been living and growing for thousands of years, so stay on the trail. Please do not disturb the fragile soil.
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Arches National Park.
Although there is an astonishing number of arches in this park, other great hikes and viewpoints without arches do exist. I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous. Let the adventure begin!
READY FOR A VACATION THAT YOUR FAMILY CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT?
See Arches’ BEST SIGHTS at the BEST TIMES with this hour-by-hour itinerary!
Click NEXT to see this AWESOME list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Arches!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash