Hey there! Are you ready to plan an unforgettable trip to Bryce Canyon National Park?!?! You will be in awe of the unique red rock pillars (called HOODOOS), the stunning viewpoints, and the diversity of desert plants and animals that make up this fragile landscape.
Words truly do not describe the expansive vistas you will encounter in Bryce Canyon National Park! Stop at the many viewpoints to get the best shot, or go on a hike to experience the magnitude of this amazing place.
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Bryce Canyon and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Bryce Canyon, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! Take my FREE checklist with you — it includes all the activities from this list so you can keep track of where you’ve been ===>Click here to get your checklist!
- This park is relatively small but sees millions of visitors each year. For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- The Rim of Bryce Canyon sits as high as 9100 feet above sea level! The weather can be unpredictable and lightning is common (and very dangerous) during the summer months. Take time to learn lightning safety tips before you go.
- Bryce Canyon only has one lodge within the park and it fills up fast. You can try to snag a reservation at the lodge here. If camping is your thing, you can learn more about the park’s campgrounds by clicking here.
- During the summer, there is one parking spot for every four cars that enter the park, often making the popular spots hard to get into with your car. Consider taking the free park shuttle to minimize crowding and congestion.
WANT THE PERFECT TRIP TO BRYCE CANYON??
Check out my awesome Bryce Canyon Itinerary — you don’t want to go to the park without it!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!