Hi there! Are you ready to plan an enchanting trip to Denali National Park?! Explore the pristine and breathtaking wilderness that surrounds the tallest mountain in North America! You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Denali is a place you will never forget — and likely somewhere you will talk about for years to come. Phenomenal wildlife, meandering rivers, and an exhilarating massive mountain make this park the perfect backdrop for your next adventure. This incredible place will leave you speechless!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Denali and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Denali National Park, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan.
- Lodging is available on private land within Denali National Park. To learn more about your options, click here.
- As the highest peak in North America, Denali stands tall at 20,310 feet above sea level. This mountain is so large it creates its own weather, so it is not uncommon for the mountain to be entirely invisible behind a blanket of clouds.
- Preparation is key! The weather in this park can change at any moment. You never know when you’ll walk around a bend and come upon a moose or bear. Bushwhacking and stream crossings are common while exploring. Come with the right gear and learn more about wilderness safety before you arrive.
- There are very few maintained hiking trails in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Denali National Park.
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this exciting list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Denali National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash