Hello, my friend! Are you ready to plan an adventurous trip to Olympic National Park?! This park has ocean, mountain, and rainforest views around every turn! You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Olympic is a place you will never forget — and likely somewhere you will talk about for years to come. Gorgeous beaches, peaceful waterfalls, and dramatic mountain peaks are yours to explore. This incredible place will leave you speechless!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Olympic and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Olympic National Park, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- A variety of lodging is available within Olympic National Park. You can find more information about your options here. The outside communities of Port Angeles and Forks also offer numerous lodging and dining options.
- Camping in Olympic is a pretty big deal, which is why there are 14 front-country campgrounds in the park! Most sites are first-come, first-served and you can learn more about them here. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, beach camping is allowed with a valid permit.
- This park is unique in that it encompasses many different ecosystems. Because of that, it’s important to be prepared for any type of weather. Rain, sun, fog, snow, wind, cold, etc. are all possibilities during your visit!
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Olympic National Park.
Traffic and crowding in Olympic can be terrible.
Did you know that rangers often have to regulate how many cars can go through the park entrances, which can mean extremely long wait times just to get into the park?
Are you hoping to see the best sights without getting stuck in traffic, circling parking lots, or being surrounded by people?
Stay ahead of the crowds with this Olympic Itinerary. You will see all of the can’t-miss spots, plus get lodging and dining guides, driving directions, and insider tips!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this awesome list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Olympic National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash