Hi there! Are you ready to plan a magical trip to Acadia National Park?! Explore the rugged coastline and high seaside peaks of this gorgeous lobster-loving island! You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Acadia is a place you will never forget — and likely somewhere you will talk about for years to come. Stunning pink granite cliffs, boisterous waves, and dramatic mountain peaks are yours for adventuring. This incredible place will leave you speechless!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Acadia and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Acadia National Park, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Acadia is open year-round, but many of the roads and points of interest are not accessible during the winter months. For more information on the park’s operating hours and seasons, click here.
- No lodging is available within Acadia National Park, but camping is available. Campsites are extremely popular and reservations are recommended well in advance. The town of Bar Harbor and several other small communities offer numerous lodging options if you’d like to stay in a hotel.
- The Jordan Pond House is the only restaurant in the park, but the town of Bar Harbor is a mecca for delicious cuisine. Lobster and blueberry pie are a can’t-miss!
- Acadia National Park is actually quite pet-friendly compared to most other national parks. Learn how to enjoy your trip with your furry friends and how to become a “bark ranger”.
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Acadia National Park.
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this awesome list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Acadia National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash