Hey there! Are you ready to plan an unforgettable trip to Zion National Park?! Stand in awe of the majestic cliffs, the beautiful river, and the diversity of desert life that make up this fragile landscape. You are sure to find something here that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Zion is a place you will never forget — and somewhere you will talk about for years to come. You’ll find adventures around every corner as you explore the grandeur of these red rock peaks! This park is absolutely breathtaking!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Zion and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Zion, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 10 things is for you.
What You Need To Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! Put together the ultimate family vacation with these 5 Steps to Planning the Perfect Zion trip!
- For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like THIS detailed itinerary.
- To travel into Zion Canyon (the most popular part of the park) anytime in Mid-March through November, you MUST use the free Zion Canyon Shuttle. You can find more information on the official NPS website.
- Reserve a room at least six months in advance if you plan on staying in the Zion Lodge — rooms get snatched up fast! Otherwise, numerous options are available just outside of the park at each entrance.
- With only three front-country campgrounds, competition for sites is fierce. Be sure to learn all about camping in Zion National Park if you plan on camping in the park.
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Zion National Park.
READY FOR A VACATION THAT YOUR FAMILY CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT?
See Zion’s BEST SIGHTS at the BEST TIMES with this hour-by-hour itinerary!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see this awesome list of 10 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Zion National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash