Hey there! Are you ready to plan an unforgettable trip to Yosemite National Park?! From the waterfalls, mountains, and soaring views to the lakes, forests, and wildlife, you are sure to find something that everyone in your group will LOVE.
Yosemite is a place where memories are made and talked about for years to come. I’ll never forget how I felt the first time I saw that amazingly iconic view of the valley. This park touched my soul, and I couldn’t wait to go back — I know that you want the same for your vacation!
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and been a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure that you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Yosemite and am here to help! Whether this is your first time to Yosemite, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 12 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! Take my FREE checklist with you — it includes everything from this list so that you can be sure to hit everything. ===> Click here to get your checklist!
- With five entrances, Yosemite is a large and complex national park. For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- Some roads are closed during the winter and don’t reopen until mid-late May. Park amenities follow the same schedule, so check the official NPS website for information on seasonal opening and closing dates.
- Reserve a room at least one year in advance if you plan on staying in one of Yosemite’s lodges — they get snatched up fast! Otherwise, numerous options are available just outside of the park at each entrance.
- Even with 13 front-country campgrounds, competition for sites is fierce. Be sure to learn all about camping in Yosemite National Park if you plan on camping in the park.
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Yosemite National Park.
READY FOR A VACATION THAT YOUR FAMILY CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT?
See Yosemite’s BEST SIGHTS at the BEST TIMES with this hour-by-hour itinerary!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT for this exciting list of 12 things you can’t miss on your first trip to Yosemite National Park!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash