Hey there! Are you ready to experience the soaring mountain peaks, abundant wildlife, and gorgeous vistas of Grand Teton National Park?!
This park is a hiker’s paradise — it offers up some of the best alpine scenery in the world accessible by a series of phenomenal trails. And at nearly 14,000 feet, the jagged peak of the Grand Teton watches over the valley in great majesty, ushering in a feeling of reverence and awe.
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and felt a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger, and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Grand Teton and am here to help….in fact, I actually lived and worked as a ranger in this park!
Whether this is your first time to the Tetons, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 12 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- You’ll find numerous lodging options within the park, as well as in the nearby resort town of Jackson. The park also has six front-country campgrounds that you can learn more about here.
- The Teton Park Road is closed from Nov. 1 – Apr. 30 and many park amenities follow the same schedule. Check the official NPS site for information on seasonal opening and closing dates.
- Along those same lines, hiking trails in the higher elevations are often snow-covered until mid-late June. If you are planning on hiking into the canyons, it is prudent to first check the trail conditions to see if an ice ax or other safety equipment is necessary for safe passage.
- Numerous hiking trails converge and overlap in this park, so you don’t want to be caught hiking without a map. This is the map I use and recommend for Grand Teton National Park.
READY FOR A VACATION THAT YOUR FAMILY CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT?
See Grand Teton’s BEST SIGHTS at the BEST TIMES with this hour-by-hour itinerary!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!
Click NEXT to see my list of 12 things you can’t miss on your first visit to Grand Teton — and 3 more BONUS stops!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that (at no extra cost to you) I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase. Recommended products are only those that I personally love! I appreciate your support and welcome any questions you may have about any products featured on my site. Thanks! Ash