Hey there! Are you ready to experience the soaring mountain peaks, abundant wildlife, and gorgeous vistas of Grand Teton National Park?!?!
This park is a hiker’s paradise — it offers up some of the best alpine scenery in the world accessible by a series of phenomenal trails. And at nearly 14,000 feet, the craggly peak of the Grand Teton watches over the valley in great majesty, ushering in a feeling of reverence and awe.
There is so much to do. You may have already looked at a map and felt a little overwhelmed — and eager — to make sure you don’t miss the best sights.
I’m a former park ranger and I’ll help you plan your vacation down to the details. I’ve extensively explored Grand Teton and am here to help….in fact, I actually lived and worked as a ranger in this park!
So whether this is your first time to the Tetons, or if you are returning after many years and would like to be reintroduced to the park, this list of 12 things is for you.
What You Need to Know
- Don’t miss out on anything during your trip! Take my FREE checklist with you — it includes all the activities from this list so you can keep track of where you’ve been ===> Click here to get your checklist!
- With 3 entrances, over 200 miles of trails, and a close proximity to Yellowstone, Grand Teton can definitely be crowded and busy. For the best experience, get an early start to your day and have a solid plan — like this detailed itinerary.
- The Teton Park Road is closed from Nov. 1 – Apr. 30 and many park amenities follow the same schedule. Check the official NPS site for information on seasonal opening and closing dates.
- Along those same lines, hiking trails in the higher elevations are often snow covered until mid-late June. If you are planning on hiking into the canyons, it is prudent to first check the trail conditions to see if an ice ax or other safety equipment is necessary for safe passage.
- Grand Teton has 6 front-country campgrounds and sites get snatched up fast! Be sure to learn All About Camping in Grand Teton National Park if you plan on camping in the park.
WANT THE PERFECT TRIP TO GRAND TETON??
Check out my awesome Grand Teton Itinerary — you don’t want to go to the park without it!
I’ll make sure that you don’t miss the sights that make this park so famous, but I also want to provide a few treasures that are off the beaten path as well. Let the adventure begin!